Monday, June 25, 2007

Dove and Eucerin: Solutions for Sensitive Skin

How I long to be one of those women with a bathroom filled with scented cakes of soap. I would have bars galore of lemon verbena, lychee, grapefruit and, to be daring, cinnamon bun-scented soap! But, alas, I am not. For some strange reason, my facial skin can tolerate all the peels, scrubs and liquid nitrogen treatments(as performed by my dermatologist) imaginable, but when I rub a dollop of coriander scented lotion on my body, all hell breaks loose. After hearing endless praise over Fresh's Hesperides Soap, I decided to try it, knowing full well what the consequences would be. This nonsensical action would be equivalent to someone who was lactose intolerant eating a large bowl of yogurt, finishing it off tall glass of chocolate milk. Let's just say that the soap waged a war on my body. Welts and irritation flared up on both my arms, putting me into state of panicked frenzy. I had to immediately toss the culprit and go back to my lifetime go-to body cleanser, Dove beauty bars. My skin wasn't only irritated, it was super dry and flaking. Eucerin Calming Creme nursed my body back to health. It's super rich formula intensely hydrated the dry patches and soothed my skin by taking out the redness and stopping the itch. The calming cream contains natural oatmeal, dimethicone (which seals in moisture by creating a glove-like barrier) and, just what my skin needs, no fragrance. Perhaps one special perk from lacking an arsenal of scented bath products is that it keeps those friends, also known as bathroom snoopers, from spending twenty minutes in my bathroom!

1 comment:

Boris said...

The Milk Cleansing Bar from Whole Foods is amazing. You should give it a whirl!