Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's A Miss With Neutrogena's New Spray Sunblock

I'm a loyal fan of Neutrogena's Ultra-Sheer, Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 30. I slather it on everyday and could barely contain myself when I discovered that the company launched its Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 45 with helioplex. Helioplex, along with its counterpart mexoryl, is one of the strongest UVA (the nasty ray that's responsible for lines, wrinkles and discoloration) filters on the market. However, I've got to be honest here and say that I'm pretty disappointed with this product. Due to its high alcohol content, the formula tends to dry out my skin and has a rather unpleasant fragrance. Sprays are definitely a lot more convenient and easier to apply on the arms, legs and back, but turn the bottles around on most of these formulas and you'll see that the very first ingredient is alcohol. What does everyone think of these new SPF sprays that are invading the industry?

No comments: