Saturday, June 9, 2007

Spending A Day In the Sun? Don't Forget to Put Your Hat On

There isn't anything I love more than receiving packages filled with goodies in the mail. Yesterday, I scored the jackpot when two boxes arrived. One was a new bottle of my beloved Replenix Cream and the other was a special gift from my mother, a new wide-brimmed hat for the summer. You see, I'm fanatical about protecting my skin from the sun. If I'm going to be running a lot of errands or am expecting to spend some time in direct sunlight, I'll always wear a hat. For years, I purchased hats from Sun Precautions, a company that prides themselves in creating clothing, hats and gloves with built-in broad spectrum SPF. Request a catalog from them; I was always pleased with the quality and resilience from every hat. However, this time we decided to try something new and invested in a summer hat from a company called Coolibar. Like Sun Precautions, every item from Coolibar has sun protection built in the fabric. The Physician Endorsed Diva Hat was purchased in black and so far I'm pleased with the feel of the thick, protective cotton fabric. The brim is huge, (which is always something I look for simply because that is exactly what you need to protect your skin) so it has that 1940s movie star feel to it. My favorite part of the hat is the subtle floral lining on the inside of the crown; it's a cute little accent. The hat is also crushable, so it's perfect for traveling and busy lifestyles.

No comments: